Sport Psychology: Train Your Brain
Sports. Athletics. Physical activity. Traditionally, people do not associate these words, or sports performance in general, with mental training. What does throwing a football 50 yards down field or driving a golf ball 200 plus yards, have anything to do with your state of mind? However, take a closer look into the methodology and philosophy of some of the greatest competitors in the world and you’ll quickly realize: it has everything to do with it.
The greatest athletes of all time identify the mind’s power as the key to their success. Muhammad Ali, both a professional sports icon and also an inspirational speaker who has been the subject for countless movies and books, once said, “I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” What Muhammad Ali believed in his mind, he achieved in the “real world”, because of his dedicated mindset and mental training. The formula is simple: unwavering thoughts, become unwavering actions, which translate into unwavering results.
In the past decade, an increasing number of the best olympian, professional, and amateur athletes have incorporated sport and performance psychology tools to improve their game and substantiate the importance of training mind and muscle together.
“I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was.” - Muhammad Ali
So How Can Sport Psychology Tools Specifically Improve My Game?
1. Sharpen Focus and Sustain Concentration
2. Improve Confidence and Maintain It Under Pressure
3. Perform More Consistently in Competition
4. Rebound from Mistakes and Injuries More Effectively
5. Reduce Performance Anxiety
What Are Some Common Reasons For Seeking Out A Sport Psychologist?
1. Poor ability to maintain concentration during competition/practice
2. Lack of confidence in pressure situations during competition/practice
3. Trouble performing as consistently in competitive situations as in practice
4. Not performing up to previous standards after suffering a major or minor injury
5. Looking for ways to enhance your performance beyond what you have currently achieved
6. Lacking motivation because your fitness routine doesn’t seem to match your goals and interests
What Is The First Step In Applying These Performance Enhancing Tools To My Game?
Simply contact the professionals at MindEdge and we can assist you in finding the program that is right for you.